Are You Ready To Ride The Zombie Train?
It’s getting to be that time of year again. The kids are back in school and the temps will be cooling down. The air will get a little crisp and you’ll start thinking about your Halloween plans. This year I’ll be trying something completely new, The Zombie Train.
What the heck is The Zombie Train, you ask? Well, between September 25th and November 8th, people can take a 40-minute excursion in which they will encounter a mix of special effects, live action adventure, and the main event – zombies on and off the train. There are 3 rail lines in California that offer the experience and ticket prices are $35 for adult and $25 for children. Also, if you arrive early for an extra fee, they will make you up as a zombie as well.
Now, the folks at Zombie Train say they are family friendly, but you should use good judgement on whether your little tike can handle the undead. Also, here are five things you can expect from your Zombie Train experience:
- Zombies, of course. On and off the train are game so you never know where you might find one.
- Food and Drink. Beer and wine will be available because everyone knows that a zombie apocalypse without drinks is not worth attending. Of course, you can also get soda and snacks in case you don’t want to see two for one zombies.
- Comedy. This will not be a doom and gloom apocalypse. Everyone is there to have fun.
- Moments of Intensity. The folks of Zombie Train say it depends on when your ride. If you go early then it’s pretty tame, but as the night goes on then the shenanigans ramp up.
- Lots and lots of Zombie Blood. Dress appropriately.
So if you can make it to California and want more details on the locations, head on over to their site zombietrain.com